Registration is now open for the 2018 Summer Sessions! Register before may 1st and get an early bird discount of $50!
The Carolinas Leadership Academy (CLA) is on the campus of The First Tee of Coastal Carolinas, located just outside Shallotte, NC. The CLA is a program of The Carol S. Petrea Youth Golf Foundation, Inc., a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization.
The First Tee of Coastal Carolinas Carolinas Leadership Academy (CLA) is the perfect place for your teen to spend an unforgettable week at the beach! The CLA is a weekly overnight camp for boys and girls between the ages of 14-17. Our 10,000 square foot facility houses fifty campers plus counselors and coaches. Foodservice of all meals and snacks is included and is prepared onsite in our restaurant quality, state-of-the-art kitchen. The CLA sits on twenty-eight secluded acres with a nine-hole Par 3 course, driving range, multiple putting and chipping areas and plenty of wide open space to engage in various other activities and sports-all within a few miles of the beach!
Your teen will make lifelong friends with other campers from all over the country while learning valuable leadership skills and techniques in a fun and interactive environment. Our all new leadership curriculum is all hands on and activity based to promote leadership, communication and problem solving, all while having fun. The week is also filled with numerous games, competitions, nighttime activities, trips to the beach, and much more! The 2018 CLA schedule is all new and not to be missed! ****************See our Fun Facts Section below!
|Session 1 June 17th-20th||Register Now|
|Session 2 June 24-June 27th||Register Now|
|ALL NEW!! Middle School Session July 19-21||Register Now|
|Session 3 (The First Tee Week) July 22nd-July 26th||Register Now|
|Session 4 (The First Tee Week) July 29th-August 2nd||Register Now|
- New nighttime activities including campfires, glow golf, capture the flag and glow tag
- Leadership Classes are all hands on competitions
- Compete for “House” points with a House being named a winner at the end of camp with a special prize
- Movie and popcorn offered each evening before bed. Not a movie person? Come to our board game showdown each evening.
- Love the beach? Each camp has a trip to the beach and Planet Fun where you’ll enjoy arcade games, laser tag and putt-putt-all included!
- You do not have to be a golfer or have ever picked up a club to attend. This is not a golf camp, but a fun, interactive camp where you will learn communication, leadership and lifeskill all while learning some golf!
Here is some important information to know before your arrival to camp!
- Only prescription medicine will be accepted. All medications will be collected by staff upon check-in and logged. Medicine must be in the original prescription containers with the original prescription label. Medications are not permitted in the dorm rooms (please note this does not include inhalers.) Please notify the staff of over-the-counter medications. Medications are dispensed by the CLA staff as prescribed.
- No outside food or drinks are permitted.
- You are welcome to bring cell phones, but will not be allowed to be on them during structured activities . The CLA staff is not responsible for lost or damaged electronics.
- Please remember that it is hot here during the summer! The average temperatures are in the high 80’s-90’s, with humidity levels in the 90’s. Please pack accordingly!
Please ensure your child has the following items upon check-in:
- Bedding for twin mattress (pillow, sheet, blankets)
- Bath towel
- Wash Cloth
- Hair Dryer (if necessary)
- Athletic shoes
- Flip Flops
- Bathing suit-We do go to the beach on Wednesday!
- NO cutoff shorts or cut off jeans
- Dress code is casual
- Combination lock for locker (optional)
- Insect repellent
- Golf Clubs-We have sets here for your child if they do not own their own golf clubs
PLEASE NOTE: Our facility is a 100% weapon, knife, lighter, drug, alcohol and tobacco free facility. We have a zero tolerance for these items.